How do I enter?
Rules and regulations
1. This contest is sponsored by the Lakehead-Georgian Partnership, a collaboration between Lakehead University and Georgian College (hereinafter collectively “Lakehead-Georgian”). In these rules and regulations, references to “you”, “your”, and “Entrant” refer to individuals who have chosen to participate in the contest.
2. This contest is open to all undergraduate students receiving and having accepted an offer of admission for entry as of September, 2020 from Lakehead-Georgian. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest. Void where prohibited by law. Quebec residents are excluded from participating regardless of receiving and having accepted an offer of admission.
3. The maximum entries per individual is 1 (one). To enter, either:
(a) post a photo or video conforming to the requirements set out in paragraphs 4 and 5 to your Instagram grid, Instagram story or Facebook feed showing how you’re celebrating your Offer of Admission to Lakehead-Georgian. Photo or video must tag or mention @lakeheadgeorgian or be sent to @lakeheadgeorgian via direct message. The hashtag #LUGCbound must be on the post, or
(b) send your name, address, email, and phone number, along with a statement indicating your intent to enter the contest, by mail, postage paid to Lakehead-Georgian Social Media Contest at Room E203, One Georgian Drive, Barrie ON, L4M 3X9 postmarked between November 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EDT and June 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
4. The posted photo or video must
5. All persons appearing in the posted photo or video must have given their permission for it to be entered into the contest. In the event the foregoing does not occur, or any entrant including the proposed winner or winner does not provide suitable evidence of such consent, in the sole opinion of Lakehead-Georgian, to Lakehead-Georgian upon request, such contest entry will be ineligible for consideration.
6. The winner of the prize will be drawn at random from eligible entries received while the contest is open based on the criteria listed above. The proposed winner will need to answer a mathematical skill testing question, without assistance or mechanical aid to be determined the final winner.
7. Contest opens on November 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EDT and ends June 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
8. There is one (1) prize.
9. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Prize is not convertible to cash. However, Lakehead-Georgian may in its sole discretion substitute prizes of the same or greater value.
10. Lakehead-Georgian reserves the right not to select a winner or winners, if, in its sole determination, it does not receive eligible and/or qualified entries.
11. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
12. Entrants agree their name and Instagram accounts may be announced on Lakehead-Georgian’s website and other associated social media sites if they are selected as the winner of the contest.
13. Eligible entries may be shared on the Lakehead-Georgian Instagram Account or via Lakehead-Georgian’s Instagram Story (@lakeheadgeorgian) or via Lakehead-Georgian’s Facebook Account prior to the contest closing and shared to the Lakehead-Georgian Instagram Highlight labeled #LUGCbound.
14. The proposed winner will be contacted via the Instagram or Facebook account used to submit the selected entry, or the contact information submitted by mail, on or shortly after June 2, 2020. If the proposed winner does not respond within 3 days following the first attempt at contact, if the proposed winner’s entry is deemed ineligible, if the proposed winner fails to correctly answer the skill testing question, or if the proposed winner declines the prize, the prize will be awarded to another Entrant using the procedure outlined in paragraph 6 above.
15. Personal Information
Lakehead-Georgian will use personal information collected from entrants to administer the contest. Lakehead-Georgian will not share personal information relating to entrants with any third parties, except as may be required by law. Lakehead-Georgian will not attempt to contact any entrants for any other purpose than as set out in these rules and regulations unless the entrant has consented to receive relevant communications from Lakehead-Georgian or as otherwise allowed under applicable laws.
16. By entering this contest, you declare that you have complied with all of these rules and regulations and met all eligibility requirements.
17. You grant Lakehead-Georgian a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, worldwide, transferable, irrevocable and licence for seven (7) years to:
18. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the licence set out in section 17 above.
19. The licence you grant in section 17 permits Lakehead-Georgian to (a) cut, reformat, rearrange and/or combine your photo or video with other materials and/or to otherwise modify your photo or video; (b) use your photo or video or a modified version of your photo or video in Lakehead-Georgian promotional materials; and/or (c) share your photo or video or any version or portion of your photo or video as edited by Lakehead-Georgian, on any social media website.
20. Your participation in this contest is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for all cost you incur to take any photo or video and to enter this contest.
21. Lakehead-Georgian reserves the right to amend these contest rules and regulations or to terminate the contest at any time without any liability to any entrant.
22. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Lakehead University and Georgian College, Instagram and Facebook and any of their representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from
23. The decisions of Lakehead-Georgian in relation to this contest will be final and binding on all entrants.
24. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
25. Entry by way of posting a photo or video to your Instagram grid, Instagram story or Facebook feed shall constitute the entrant’s agreement to be irrevocably bound by these rules and regulations.